Tuesday 27 December 2016

Arrival in Germany!/ First week!

After arriving I meet my host family! They are so kind and amazing! From the left is Julian, Stefan, Elisa, Me, Jonas and Christina. 

Sunday:
We walked to church and played board games before driving to Affing where Stefan was born and brought up, we visted the Christmas Market. (Picture above) At the Chirstmas Market you could see many different things such as people making things the old fasioned way!


Monday:
School, It's very different in Germany, you don't have to wear a school uniform at all, their marking system is really weird, 1-6, 1 being the highest mark and 6 being the lowest of the low. As I arrived at Paul-Klee Gymnasium, I was taken to the class which I will be in for the time I stay in Germany. Class 9C. They thought I was from England 😂 School starts at 8:00am and finishes at 5:30 on Mondays and Thursdays. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays's school finshes at 12:45. But I finish school at 12:45 on Mondays and Thursdays.


Thursday:
After school and lunch, we dressed up warmly and drove to Augsburg! We visited the Christmas Market in the city centre! It was beautiful as it was getting dark, the lights shone brightly. I tried a spicy type of sausage, but I didn't find it spicy at all!




 In this last picture behind the Christmas Tree is the Perlachturm and Rathaus (Perlach Tower and City Hall) With a bit of the Christmas Market.


1 comment:

  1. What a unique Christmas for you! Awesome. Great to know you are with a kind host family and hearing about your first experiences. Lovely photos, God bless, Enjoy! S. Chalmers

    ReplyDelete